Wednesday, November 5, 2014

When the Student is Ready, the Teacher Appears

During the first 2 days of Relationship Mastery at University 101, my husband and I were partners. I could tell from his physiology that he was really struggling with state.   At the supper break on day 2, I asked my husband what was going on for him. He said that he felt like all he could think about when Brandon Broadwater was teaching us were the mistakes that he had made in life.

On day 3 of University 101, we had just finished Relationship Mastery and started Mastering Influence. We went to lunch at a restaurant across the street for the first time. At the end of our meal, our server gave us our bill and noticed our name tags with the Higher Laws logo. At first, I started telling her about Higher Laws and how they were principles that produced results. Then, my normally introverted husband started carrying the conversation. He was telling her all about Higher Laws and how much they had already changed our lives. She said that it sounded exactly like something she needed and said that she was experiencing allot of struggles in life. We exchanged contact information and the web address for Higher Laws. Before she left, I asked her if I could give her a hug and we had a warm embrace right there in the restaurant. She declared to us exuberantly, “You guys are my angels!!!” After she left the table, I saw the look in my husband’s face as it filled with emotion. I saw the impact that this exchange had on him. When we got back to the conference center after lunch, I witnessed a complete change in state for my husband.

At the end of day 3, my husband and I stopped to take pictures of the St. George temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints. There we met a young man who had been pondering and praying in the garden about the direction for his life. We both shared with this young man how applying Higher Laws had helped us make decisions in our life despite our circumstances. Again, I shared my contact information and the web address for Higher Laws. We ended up having another late night but it was worth it. At the supper break on day 4, my husband and I had another opportunity to share the Higher Laws message with our server. With each encounter, I saw my husband’s state bolster.

Brandon taught us that the Creator was going to give us opportunities to use the tools we’d learned in Higher Laws to serve others. It was amazing to witness the truth of the old adage “When the student is ready, the teacher will appear”. The Creator sent these teachers to show his trust in and unconditional love for us and those we serve. When can let our lights shine and feel that true joy and happiness in His service, we can know for a surety that it has glorified Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment